Chief Financial Officer
The CFO will provide leadership in the finance, business planning and analysis, accounting, budgeting, and risk management efforts of Kaleidoscope. As a member of the executive management team, the CFO will participate in strategic planning, and assist in the development and evaluation of key initiatives.
- In conjunction with the management team and Board of Directors, establish financial goals and objectives for the company.
- Ensure the company’s financial stability and help the management team quantify the impact of strategic and operating plans.
- Efficiently manage the administrative functions of the company, including finance, accounting, and legal.
- Be a trusted and valued business partner to CEO and functional leaders.
- Identify and assist in prioritizing business initiatives, levers and paths that increase shareholder value.
- Ensure efficient and effective performance in all aspects of finance and accounting including timely month-end, quarter-end and year-end processing.
- Ensure efficiency in accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Develop, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; provide accurate, concise and insightful reporting and forecasting of the financial position of the company; ensure the management team are apprised of potential financial results.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with tax and regulatory agencies.
- Manage all third-party relationships with lenders and prospective investors.
- Oversee and lead the budgeting and planning process; develop and review the financial plans, budgets and forecasting.
- Develop and maintain contracts management and financial management reporting systems.
- Continuously update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices to improve performance and respond to the changing needs of the organization; ensure the systems and processes keep pace with the growth and changes of the organization.
- Assist with customer and vendor relationships and contract negotiations.
- Working closely with the management team and sales, review, monitor, and report on company incentive programs and sales commission plans.
- Oversee operational/integration activities related to potential M&A activities.
- Direct vendor relationships and contract negotiations for the company.
- In collaboration with the management team, oversee cost effective risk mitigation and employee benefit programs.
- Develop a transparent, proactive financial function on which other departments and all employees can rely in achieving aggressive growth targets.
- Identify financial modeling tools and develop multi-year financial models to assess the long- term projections for the company.
- Partner with CEO on fundraising to include investor relations, due diligence and closing activities.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- A track record of success leading the financial function at fast paced, high growth technology companies; experience as a CFO is required; the successful candidate will bring experience with recurring revenue based business models.
- Proven ability to be a valued and trusted business partner to the CEO and functional leaders.
- Proven ability to identify paths to increased shareholder value.
- Candidates who have led the financial function at companies with institutional investors will be advantaged.
- Demonstrated success with obtaining and managing treasury services is preferred.
- Experience scaling and subsequently selling a business is preferred; acquisition and due diligence experience will set a candidate apart from others.
- Financial acumen and significant analytical skills; an ability to analyze and draw business impacting conclusions from the company’s customer and operational data.
- Strong operational accounting and financial reporting skills; will be proficient in forecasting and financial modeling including the development of pricing templates; must have a demonstrated facility for reaching sound business decisions after developing and reviewing available financial information.
- Proven ability to transition a growing company to new processes and structure to ensure compliance and effective operations; experience transitioning to new financial systems is strongly preferred.
Kaleidoscope is a cloud-based awards management digital platform enabling organizations to fund, design, administer, and host branded scholarship and grant programs. The platform uses leading technologies to deliver an end-to-end solution for sponsors, organizations, and those they support. Kaleidoscope is building a future where financial aid and funding solutions are smart, cost-effective, and as unique as the applicants they serve. Learn more at www.mykaleidoscope.com.
Our mission is to eliminate financial barriers to an education by mobilizing private sector wealth and deploying funds to students in need. This mission is central to our work in diversity and inclusion. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our products and services, and enable us to best serve our diverse customers, partners, team members, and scholars from every background. Varied perspectives help us generate the best ideas to solve the most difficult problems for those we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employee’s differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including an equity option grant for all employees, medical, dental, vision, short term disability, and basic term life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave policy, flexible PTO program, and more!