The Product Manager is responsible for prioritizing the delivery of product features, based in strategy, from inception to roll-out. This role will be focused on our FinTech offerings. Incumbent will partner with internal and external stakeholders to assess market needs. With those market needs, incumbent will collaborate with the design team to conceptualize features, and the development team to break features down into deliverable product user stories. This work is underpinned by an Agile cadence of deliverables that serve as our system for making proactive prioritization and delivery decisions. Incumbent will take the lead on bringing transparency across our organization and clients through communication about what’s happening in product.
- Contribute to the overall product strategy, roadmap, and business plan
- Brainstorm, conceptualize, define, develop, and launch new products and features aligned to vision and strategy
- Work closely with product design and development to bring features to life and ensure feature scalability, strategy, and vision alignment
- Guide the company though new product & feature rollouts
- Effectively communicate product features, timelines, and functionality effectively
- Build analytics and make data-driven prioritization decisions based on strategic analysis
- Effectively gather input from internal and external stakeholders including clients and cross-functional teams
- Effectively navigate fast-pace, ambiguous, complex situations toward productive outcomes
- Break down features into user stories, plan releases, build documentation, and establish priorities
- Provide prioritization & delivery status, action plans, and recommendations to senior leadership
- Serve as a culture champion and advocate for product and engineering processes, and work in accordance with Company policies and values
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in a product management role, FinTech experience preferred
- Demonstrated success defining and launching software products
- Experience creating and managing priorities, roadmaps, and delivery
- Experience communicating at all levels of the organization especially with leadership and clients
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Miro, and similar tools
- Time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Analytical mind with strong critical thinking skills and business acumen
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Demonstrated ability to meet and achieve professional goals, and achieve timely follow-through on commitments
- Possesses a demonstrated growth mindset; approach challenges as opportunities to improve and grow both self and Company
- Authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Ability to pass background study
Kaleidoscope is a cloud-based awards management digital platform enabling organizations to fund, design, administer, and host branded scholarship and grant programs. The platform uses leading technologies to deliver an end-to-end solution for sponsors, organizations, and those they support. Kaleidoscope is building a future where financial aid and funding solutions are smart, cost-effective, and as unique as the applicants they serve. Learn more at www.mykaleidoscope.com.
Our mission is to eliminate financial barriers to an education by mobilizing private sector wealth and deploying funds to students in need. This mission is central to our work in diversity and inclusion. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our products and services, and enable us to best serve our diverse customers, partners, team members, and scholars from every background. Varied perspectives help us generate the best ideas to solve the most difficult problems for those we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employee’s differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including an equity option grant for all employees, medical, dental, vision, short term disability, and basic term life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave policy, flexible PTO program, and more!