Business Development Representative
Business Development Representatives are the first point-of-contact in developing new business opportunities! Through email and other prospecting techniques, you will take the lead on identifying key decision makers within potential client organizations, qualifying the organization, and booking the initial product demo with the Kaleidoscope Sales Representative.
- Build interpersonal relationships with clients to help them identify meaningful ways to improve their grant and scholarship experience
- Understand provided resources and sales framework to execute high touch, high quality activity cadence, resulting in at least 50 customer interactions daily
- Convert inbound and outbound leads into product demos
- Drive results and execute an unwavering, goals-centered approach toward product sales and career growth
- Build relationships with Sales Representatives to develop territory strategy and execution plan
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support assigned industry sector, and facilitate overall success of the sales team
- Maintain accurate daily record of sales activity using Salesforce
- Serve as a culture champion of Kaleidoscope Group PBC, and work in accordance with Company policies and values
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree and two years related work experience; or Bachelor’s degree would fulfill education and work experience requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of sales engagement tools (experience with Outreach preferred)
- Exceptional technical proficiency, including experience with Salesforce or similar CRM preferred, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively collaborate and engage with customers, team members, and leadership within a dynamic sales environment
- Ability to develop and demonstrate understanding of the prospect’s sales framework, and need
- Demonstrated ability to meet and achieve professional goals, and provide timely follow-through on commitments
- Possesses a demonstrated growth mindset; approach challenges as opportunities to improve and grow both self and Company
- Well-developed written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment with rapidly shifting priorities
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Kaleidoscope is a cloud-based awards management digital platform enabling organizations to fund, design, administer, and host branded scholarship and grant programs. The platform uses leading technologies to deliver an end-to-end solution for sponsors, organizations, and those they support. Kaleidoscope is building a future where financial aid and funding solutions are smart, cost-effective, and as unique as the applicants they serve. Learn more at www.mykaleidoscope.com.
Our mission is to eliminate financial barriers to an education by mobilizing private sector wealth and deploying funds to students in need. This mission is central to our work in diversity and inclusion. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our products and services, and enable us to best serve our diverse customers, partners, team members, and scholars from every background. Varied perspectives help us generate the best ideas to solve the most difficult problems for those we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employee’s differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including an equity option grant for all employees, medical, dental, vision, short term disability, and basic term life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave policy, flexible PTO program, and more!